What to Expect from a Protection Dog
Protection Dogs from Paladin K9 are generally dogs that have a naturally laid-back, non-confrontational demeanor. Positive socialization is a must for protection dogs to be successful in guard dog training as a dog that is constantly in fear will not make a good protection dog and will run the risk of attacking someone non-threatening. Your protection dog should also be comfortable in meeting people and not resorting to growling or threatening behavior. That is one reason why we like to say we will place you with the perfect dog. We like to find a dog that fits your lifestyle and temperament.
A perfect protection dog should possess the following traits:
- Loves to play fetch, tug of war, etc.
- Boundless energy – protection dogs can make you a little crazy with their constant need to be mentally and physically active.
- Ability to focus.
- The ability to quit when told (with proper training).
- Strong work ethic – protection dogs are aware that they and their owner are a team.
- High level of attention to the owner/handler.
- A high tolerance to mental pressure.
- Extreme patience – they should be able to wait until they are told what to do.
- The ability to be flexible to new situations, environments, elements, etc.
- Neither reactive nor impulsive.
- After extensive training and experience, the dog will develop the ability to decide when his help is required.
Purchase a Dog from Paladin Executive Protection Dogs
Paladin K9 offers the finest and most reliable protection trained dogs in the marketplace. We have pups available to train for you locally or we can locate the perfect dog for you and your family. Paladin K9 has a wide network of breeders in the United States and Europe which allows us to find the best dog to fit your specific needs.