Training for Your Dog
In addition to selling fully trained protection dogs, we offer’training for your dog in Off-Leash Obedience and Personal Protection.
What Can You Expect from Our Training?
We teach basic commands that are necessary functions for your dog’s safety and the well-being of people and other animals. Commands are important at all times for a variety of reasons. If your dog is well trained, you have the control and that is important if you are a responsible dog owner. A well trained dog is also able to communicate and function in your home and around others. Training is about function, control and prevention.
Consider the following: A well-trained dog always responds to a command ? not just some of the time or part of the time. Why is this important?
- It is impossible for your dog to?SIT and jump on a person at the same time.
- If your dog is trained to?SIT and STAY, it can not run out the door into traffic.
- When your dog that obeys the HEEL command, the dog will not pull you down the street.
- As?your dogs’responds to the DOWN and STAY commands, you can enjoy being in the same room with your dog without?interfering with your mealtime or guests.
- A dog that COMES WHEN CALLED will not have’to be chased.
A well-trained dog is not a destructive dog. Destruction is expensive! PLEASE do not hit or yell at your dog. Even if you are frustrated because of your dog’s behavior. Here’s why?
Verbal and physical abuse can never be a part of the relationship between you and your dog. Abuse destroys love and trust in dogs as well as people. How is a dog going to learn if he is afraid of your hands, your feet or your voice? Why should a dog ?Come? to you if he is frightened? Yes, yelling will scare him. Your dog’s hearing is five-times better than yours. If you are yelling at him and he cowers, it’s not guilt. He is afraid of the sound.
We teach you and your dog six basic commands that will help ease your frustration and help your dog better understand you. Commands taught include:
* The Place command teaches your dog to go to and stay at a pre-determined ?place? within the house. This command is very useful when entertaining or when delivery people are at your door.
Environmental Issues such as Housebreaking, Barking, Unwanted Jumping, and Climbing on Furniture are also covered. All training is covered for the life of your dog. Should the dog regress, we will conduct remedial training in our kennel at no cost to you!
Request More Information about Training Your Dog
Thank you for investing the time to complete this questionnaire.
Please complete the questionnaire to help us determine your training needs.